Proviso Area Exceptional Child School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Proviso Area Exceptional Child School District serving 449 students in Hillside, Illinois.
- Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is more than the Illinois state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Proviso Area Exceptional Child School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Hillside Paec Academy 607 N Hillside Ave
Hillside, IL 60162
Grades: n/a | 129 students
- Maywood Paec Education Center Ec 1636 S 10th Ave
Maywood, IL 60153
Grades: PK | 57 students
- Maywood Proviso Area Except Child Center 1000 Van Buren St
Maywood, IL 60153
Grades: 9 | 205 students
|School District Name||Proviso Area Exceptional Child School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||449 students|
|# of Teachers||56 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
|# of Male Students||301 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||148 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||211 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||209 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||17 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||59|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||22|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||127|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||15|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $147,817 is higher than the state average of $14,514. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $133,942 is higher than the state average of $14,861. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IL)|
|Total Revenue||$66 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$60 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$147,817||$14,514|
|Spending / Student||$133,942||$14,861|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.