Sandridge SD 172 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Sandridge SD 172 School District serving 355 students in Chicago Heights, Illinois.
- Minority enrollment is 81% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Illinois state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Sandridge SD 172 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Chicago Heights Sandridge Elementary School 2950 Glenwood-dyer
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Grades: PK-8 | 355 students
|School District Name||Sandridge SD 172 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||355 students|
|# of Teachers||24 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||176 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||179 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||62 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||196 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||67 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||30 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||5|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||42|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Sandridge SD 172 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 851 school districts in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,243 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,514. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,852 is less than the state average of $14,861. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IL)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,243||$14,514|
|Spending / Student||$12,852||$14,861|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.