Independence High School
- The student population of 440 students has declined by 13% over five years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 11% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.56 is less than the state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Tangipahoa Parish School District's student population of 19,937 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 67% has decreased from 72% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,091 in this district is less than the state average of $13,503. The district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,903 is less than the state average of $14,322. The district spending/student has declined by 6% over four years.
|School District Name||Tangipahoa Parish School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||19,937||1,685|
|District Total Revenue||$180 MM||$30 MM|
|District Spending||$177 MM||$31 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,091||$13,503|
|District Spending / Student||$8,903||$14,322|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- IndependenceIndependence Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-4 | 484 students
221 Tiger Avenue
Independence, LA 70443
- IndependenceIndependence Middle Magnet SchoolGrades: 4-8 | 283 students
P.o. Box 97
Independence, LA 70443
- TickfawLucille Nesom Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 429 students
P. O. Box 280
Tickfaw, LA 70466
- NatalbanyMidway Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-2 | 715 students
P. O. Box 69
Natalbany, LA 70451
- LorangerLoranger Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-4 | 720 students
P. O. Box 530
Loranger, LA 70446
I absolutely would not recommend this school! The administration is pathetic.
- Posted by Parent - gllon
If you are thinking of moving to this area do not do so unless you have the means to send your children to private school. Administration and staff seriously under par.
- Posted by Parent - bibax