Independence High School
- The student population of 440 students has declined by 18% over five years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 14% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.56 is more than the state average of 0.35. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Tangipahoa Parish School District's student population of 19,937 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 67% has decreased from 92% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,580 in this district is less than the state average of $15,711. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,514 is less than the state average of $15,475. The district spending/student has grown by 7% over four years.
|School District Name||Tangipahoa Parish School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||19,937||1,685|
|District Total Revenue||$191 MM||$27 MM|
|District Spending||$190 MM||$26 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,580||$15,711|
|District Spending / Student||$9,514||$15,475|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
IndependenceIndependence Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-4 | 484 students
221 Tiger Avenue
Independence, LA 70443
IndependenceIndependence Middle Magnet SchoolGrades: 4-8 | 283 students
P.o. Box 97
Independence, LA 70443
TickfawLucille Nesom Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 429 students
P. O. Box 280
Tickfaw, LA 70466
NatalbanyMidway Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-2 | 715 students
P. O. Box 69
Natalbany, LA 70451
LorangerLoranger Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-4 | 720 students
P. O. Box 530
Loranger, LA 70446
I absolutely would not recommend this school! The administration is pathetic.
- Posted by Parent - gllon
If you are thinking of moving to this area do not do so unless you have the means to send your children to private school. Administration and staff seriously under par.
- Posted by Parent - bibax