Carpe Diem - Northwest School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Carpe Diem - Northwest School District serving 64 students in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 91% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Indiana state average of 31%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
Carpe Diem - Northwest School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Indianapolis Carpe Diem - Northwest 5435 West Pike Plaza Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46254
Grades: 6-10 | 64 students
|School District Name||Carpe Diem - Northwest School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||64|
|# of Teachers||7|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9|
|# of Male Students||34|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||30|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||10|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||43|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||6|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Carpe Diem - Northwest School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 357 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of PS% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
Learn about how public schools are implementing new programs that encourage dropouts to return to the classroom.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.