Christel House Dors South School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Christel House Dors South School District serving 266 students in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 85% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is more than the Indiana state average of 31%.
Christel House Dors South School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Indianapolis Christel House Dors South High School 2717 S East St
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Grades: 9-12 | 266 students
|School District Name||Christel House Dors South School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||266 students|
|# of Teachers||n/a|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a|
|# of Male Students||120 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||146 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||72 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||69 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||79 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||39 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||123|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||39|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Christel House Dors South School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 352 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 6-9% has increased from 20% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.