Dekalb County Eastern Com School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Dekalb County Eastern Com School District serving 1,387 students in Butler, Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana state average of 31%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
Dekalb County Eastern Com School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Butler Butler Elementary School1025 S Broadway
Butler, IN 46721
Grades: K-6 | 445 students
- Butler Eastside Junior-senior High School603 E Green St
Butler, IN 46721
Grades: 7-12 | 618 students
- Kendallville Four County Area Vocational Coop High School 1607 E Dowling St
Kendallville, IN 46755
Grades: 11-12 | n/a students
- Kendallville Northeast In Spec Ed Coop 1607 E Dowling
Kendallville, IN 46755
Grades: PK-12 | n/a students
- Saint Joe Riverdale Elementary School6127 Sr 1
Saint Joe, IN 46785
Grades: K-6 | 324 students
|School District Name||Dekalb County Eastern Com School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,387 students|
|# of Teachers||83 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||707 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||680 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||42 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||19 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,301 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||9 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||113|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||124|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||103|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||125|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||98|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||94|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Dekalb County Eastern Com School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 357 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $24,746 is higher than the state average of $12,697. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $21,674 is higher than the state average of $10,788. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$34 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$30 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$24,746||$12,697|
|Spending / Student||$21,674||$10,788|
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.