Gary Middle College School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Gary Middle College School District serving 237 students in Gary, Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 98% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Indiana state average of 31%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 47:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
Gary Middle College School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Gary Gary Middle College 131 East 5th Ave
Gary, IN 46402
Grades: 9-12 | 237 students
|School District Name||Gary Middle College School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||237 students|
|# of Teachers||5 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1|
|# of Male Students||91 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||146 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||10 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||214 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||5 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||8 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||152|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Gary Middle College School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 357 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 30-34% has increased from 10% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,374 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,154. The school district revenue/student has grown by 34% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,147 is less than the state average of $11,176. The school district spending/student has grown by 34% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,374||$13,154|
|Spending / Student||$9,147||$11,176|
With many tragic cases of cyberbullying reported to date, a recent study shows the problem is actually increasing among high school students across the country.
Public school cafeterias are growing their salad bars, much to the delight of students' healthy bodies. Learn more about this trend in school lunches.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?