Hoosier Acad Virtual Charter School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Hoosier Acad Virtual Charter School District serving 3,342 students in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Indiana state average of 31%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 42:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
Hoosier Acad Virtual Charter School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Indianapolis Hoosier Academy Virtual Charter School 2855 N Franklin Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Grades: K-12 | 3342 students
|School District Name||Hoosier Acad Virtual Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,342 students|
|# of Teachers||79 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||42:1|
|# of Male Students||1,466 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,876 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||15 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||28 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||221 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||363 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,569 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||144 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||170|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||191|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||217|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||197|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||193|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||206|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||224|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||339|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||300|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||479|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||386|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||239|
|# of Ungraded Students:||55|
- Hoosier Acad Virtual Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 357 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 22% has decreased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $52 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,154. The school district revenue/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $69 is less than the state average of $11,176. The school district spending/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$200,000||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$52||$13,154|
|Spending / Student||$69||$11,176|
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.