River Forest Community Sch Corp School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by River Forest Community Sch Corp School District serving 1,544 students in Lake Station, Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 58% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Indiana state average of 31%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the state average of 17:1.
River Forest Community Sch Corp School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lake Station Henry S Evans Elementary School2915 E 35th Ave
Lake Station, IN 46405
Grades: K-5 | 367 students
- Hobart John I Meister Elementary School3300 Jay St
Hobart, IN 46342
Grades: K-5 | 363 students
- Hobart River Forest Middle School3300 Indiana St
Hobart, IN 46342
Grades: 6-8 | 375 students
|School District Name||River Forest Community Sch Corp School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,544 students|
|# of Teachers||95 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||772 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||772 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||7 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||677 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||124 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||651 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||79 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||104|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||123|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||123|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||151|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||114|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||130|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||126|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||122|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||111|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||105|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- River Forest Community Sch Corp School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 357 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,672 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,154. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,240 is less than the state average of $11,176. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$19 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$16 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,672||$13,154|
|Spending / Student||$10,240||$11,176|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.