Southwest Corporation School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Southwest Corporation School District serving 1,658 students in Carlisle, Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana state average of 31%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the state average of 17:1.
Southwest Corporation School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Carlisle Carlisle Elementary School204 W Eaton St
Carlisle, IN 47838
Grades: PK-5 | 174 students
- Sullivan Sullivan Elementary School351 W Frakes St
Sullivan, IN 47882
Grades: PK-5 | 604 students
- Sullivan Sullivan High School902 N Section
Sullivan, IN 47882
Grades: 9-12 | 592 students
- Sullivan Sullivan Middle School415 W Frakes St
Sullivan, IN 47882
Grades: 6-8 | 288 students
|School District Name||Southwest Corporation School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,658 students|
|# of Teachers||104 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||872 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||786 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||27 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||6 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,584 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||33 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||27|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||116|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||124|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||134|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||126|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||99|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||154|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||148|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||139|
|# of Ungraded Students:||1|
- Southwest Corporation School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 357 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,004 is higher than the state average of $13,154. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,361 is higher than the state average of $11,176. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$24 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$19 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,004||$13,154|
|Spending / Student||$11,361||$11,176|
Learn more about the proposed gay-friendly public schools and whether they are a positive alternative for your child.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.