Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acad School District
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public school in Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acad School District, serving 157 students. Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acad School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Indiana.
- Public school in Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acad School District have an average math proficiency score of 10% (versus the Indiana public school average of 54%), and reading proficiency score of 15% (versus the 62% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 1/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Indiana public school average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the Indiana public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acad School District|
|School District Website||http:///thurgoodmarshallleadershipacademy.org|
|School District Phone Number||(260) 498-2500|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 06|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,922 Schools|
|# of Students||157 Students||1,052,874 Students|
|# of Teachers||10 Teachers||60,857 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
- Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acad School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 373 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#362 out of 373 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||2,103 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||25,462 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 Students||125,582 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||146 Students||132,751 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1 Student||714,936 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||802 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||8 Students||51,238 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||18,972|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||43||77,895|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||28||76,250|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||24||76,421|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||17||78,682|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||17||80,063|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||14||79,953|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||4||79,149|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||7||78,435|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3||79,979|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||80,524|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||80,785|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||83,703|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||80,464|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1,599|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,293 in this school district is less than the state median of $11,838. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,554 is less than the state median of $10,933. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$16 MM|
|Spending||$1 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,293||$11,838|
|Revenue / Student||$8,554||$10,933|
Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acad School District Public Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Thurgood Marshall Leadership Academy 2310 Weisser Park
Fort Wayne, IN 46803
Grades: K-8 | 157 students
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.