Gmg Community School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Gmg Community School District serving 559 students in Garwin, Iowa.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Iowa state average of 22%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Gmg Community School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||559|
|# of Teachers||38|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15|
|# of Male Students||292|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||267|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||9|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||27|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||9|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||511|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||27|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||44|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||29|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Gmg Community School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 334 school districts in Iowa (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has decreased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,356 is higher than the state average of $10,894. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $23,436 is higher than the state average of $10,932. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IA)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,356||$10,894|
|Spending / Student||$23,436||$10,932|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.