Sioux City Comm School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public high schools managed by Sioux City Comm School District serving 4,064 students in Sioux City, Iowa.
- Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Iowa state average of 23%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
Sioux City Comm School District (2019-20)
|School District Name||Sioux City Comm School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||14,167 students|
|# of Teachers||894 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||6,974 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||7,193 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||399 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||467 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||4,587 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||746 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||7,238 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||41 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||689 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||170|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||1,211|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||1,088|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||1,126|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||1,176|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||1,132|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||1,099|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||1,028|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||1,055|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||1,018|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1,023|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1,026|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||1,025|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||990|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Sioux City Comm School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 334 school districts in Iowa (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 84% has decreased from 85% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,638 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,736. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,944 is higher than the state average of $10,774. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IA)|
|Total Revenue||$155 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$159 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,638||$10,736|
|Spending / Student||$10,944||$10,774|
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.