West Central Valley Community School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by West Central Valley Community School District serving 862 students in Dexter, Iowa.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Iowa state average of 22%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
West Central Valley Community School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Dexter Dexter Elementary School803 Washington Street, 803 Was
Dexter, IA 50070
Grades: K-5 | 165 students
- Stuart Stuart Elementary School320 N.e. 3rd St
Stuart, IA 50250
Grades: PK-5 | 242 students
- Redfield West Central Valley Middle School1375 High St., 1375 High St.
Redfield, IA 50233
Grades: 6-8 | 195 students
|School District Name||West Central Valley Community School District|
|# of Schools||4|
|# of Students||862|
|# of Teachers||77|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||448|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||414|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||5|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||58|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||766|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||28|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||57|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||49|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||56|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||61|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||77|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- West Central Valley Community School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 334 school districts in Iowa (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,795 is higher than the state average of $10,894. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $22,157 is higher than the state average of $10,932. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IA)|
|Total Revenue||$12 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,795||$10,894|
|Spending / Student||$22,157||$10,932|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.