J.c. Ellis Elementary School
J.c. Ellis Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- J.c. Ellis Elementary School's student population of 716 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||716 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- J.c. Ellis Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Marie B. Riviere Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 538 students
1564 Lake Avenue
Metairie, LA 70005
(504)835-8439 1.1 PK-5 538
- Gretna Jcfa-east High School Grades: 8-12 | 173 students
3330 North Causway Blvd. St
Gretna, LA 70054
(504)410-3121 1.2 8-12 173
- Metairie Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies Grades: PK-5 | 378 students
201 Metairie Road
Metairie, LA 70005
(504)833-5539 1.8 PK-5 378
- Metairie Grace King High School Grades: 9-12 | 1473 students
4301 Grace King Place
Metairie, LA 70002
(504)888-7334 1.9 9-12 1473
Simply the most outstanding principal, vice principal, secretary and faculty available. I would move mountains to keep my child in the French program. The teachers truly care about the students. It is a nurturing environment. I''m just sad because my child only has a few more years left. Wish it was pre-k through 12. I would be the happiest parent in the world.
- Posted by Parent - Coral
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.