Jackson Andrew School
Jackson Andrew School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Jackson Andrew School's student population of 543 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||543 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jackson Andrew School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Philadelphia City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Academy At Palumbo Grades: 9-12 | 883 students
1100 Catharine St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
(215)351-7618 0.2 9-12 883
- Philadelphia Creative And Performing Arts High School Grades: 9-12 | 707 students
901 S Broad St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
(215)952-2462 0.3 9-12 707
- Philadelphia Universal Institute Charter School Grades: K-9 | 743 students
800 S 15th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
(215)732-7988 0.3 K-9 743
- Philadelphia Mccall Gen George A School Grades: K-8 | 700 students
325 S 7th St
Philadelphia, PA 19106
(215)351-7350 0.5 K-8 700
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.