Josiah Haynes Elementary School
Josiah Haynes Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Josiah Haynes Elementary School's student population of 398 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||398 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Josiah Haynes Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1671 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
- The school district of Josiah Haynes Elementary School is Sudbury School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 397 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Sudbury School District's student population of 2,822 students has decreased by 6% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $14,479 in this district is less than the state average of $20,551. The district revenue/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,164 is less than the state average of $19,475. The district spending/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
|School District Name||Sudbury School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||2,822||1,344|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$44 MM||$28 MM|
|District Spending||$43 MM||$26 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$14,479||$20,551|
|District Spending / Student||$14,164||$19,475|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sudbury Lincoln-sudbury Regional High School Grades: 9-12 | 1602 students
390 Lincoln Rd
Sudbury, MA 01776
(978)443-9961 1.5 9-12 1602
- Sudbury General John Nixon Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 377 students
472 Concord Road
Sudbury, MA 01776
(978)443-1080 1.8 K-5 377
- Concord Willard Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 476 students
185 Powder Mill Rd
Concord, MA 01742
(978)318-1340 1.9 PK-5 476
- Concord Concord Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 679 students
835 Old Marlboro Road
Concord, MA 01742
(978)318-1380 2.0 6-8 679
- Maynard Fowler School Grades: 4-7 | 427 students
3 Tiger Drive
Maynard, MA 01754
(978)897-6700 2.0 4-7 427
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.