Kanawha County Schools Academy
- Kanawha County Schools Academy's student population of 202 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school / Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kanawha County Schools Academy's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (15-16)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kanawha County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Piedmont Year-round Education Grades: PK-5 | 372 students
203 Bradford Street
Charleston, WV 25301
(304)348-1910 0.6 PK-5 372
- Charleston Garnet Career Center Grades: PK-12
422 Dickinson Street
Charleston, WV 25301
(304)348-6195 1.1 PK-12 n/a
- Charleston Kanawha City Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 309 students
3601 Staunton Avenue Se
Charleston, WV 25304
(304)348-1985 1.3 PK-5 309
- Charleston Ruffner Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 294 students
809 Litz Drive
Charleston, WV 25311
(304)348-1130 1.5 PK-5 294
- Charleston Holz Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 245 students
1505 Hampton Rd
Charleston, WV 25314
(304)348-1906 1.7 PK-5 245
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.