Erie-galesburg School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Erie-galesburg School District serving 550 students in Erie, Kansas.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Kansas state average of 35%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Erie-galesburg School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Erie Erie Elementary School410 W 3rd St
Erie, KS 66733
Grades: PK-5 | 250 students
- Erie Erie High School1400 N. Main St
Erie, KS 66733
Grades: 9-12 | 185 students
- Galesburg Galesburg Middle School6955 Kingman Rd
Galesburg, KS 66740
Grades: 6-8 | 115 students
|School District Name||Erie-galesburg School District|
|# of Schools||3|
|# of Students||550|
|# of Teachers||49|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||300|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||250|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||22|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||514|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||1|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||39|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||32|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||24|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||49|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Erie-galesburg School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 285 school districts in Kansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,550 is higher than the state average of $13,642. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $36,353 is higher than the state average of $13,194. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KS)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$21 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,550||$13,642|
|Spending / Student||$36,353||$13,194|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.