Wakeeney School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Wakeeney School District serving 413 students in Wakeeney, Kansas.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Kansas state average of 35%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Wakeeney School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||413 students|
|# of Teachers||34 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||217 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||196 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||17 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||7 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||386 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||39|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||34|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||24|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Wakeeney School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 285 school districts in Kansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has decreased from 80-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,704 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,775. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,834 is less than the state average of $13,322. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KS)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,704||$13,775|
|Spending / Student||$12,834||$13,322|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.