Anchorage Independent School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Anchorage Independent School District serving 363 students in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the Kentucky state average of 22%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Anchorage Independent School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Louisville Anchorage Independent Public School11400 Ridge Rd
Louisville, KY 40223
Grades: K-8 | 363 students
|School District Name||Anchorage Independent School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||363|
|# of Teachers||37|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10|
|# of Male Students||186|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||177|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||16|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||4|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||337|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||36|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||52|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Anchorage Independent School District, which is ranked within the top 1% of all 173 school districts in Kentucky (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,383 is higher than the state average of $10,365. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,354 is higher than the state average of $10,284. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KY)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$24 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$24 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,383||$10,365|
|Spending / Student||$16,354||$10,284|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.