Nicholas County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Nicholas County School District serving 1,184 students in Carlisle, Kentucky.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Kentucky state average of 22%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
Nicholas County School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Nicholas County School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||1,184|
|# of Teachers||68|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17|
|# of Male Students||584|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||600|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||51|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,110|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||15|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||78|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||88|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||73|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Nicholas County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 173 school districts in Kentucky (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,188 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,365. The school district revenue/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,751 is higher than the state average of $10,284. The school district spending/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KY)|
|Total Revenue||$12 MM||$24 MM|
|Spending||$17 MM||$24 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,188||$10,365|
|Spending / Student||$14,751||$10,284|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.