Owen County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Owen County School District serving 1,981 students in Owenton, Kentucky.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Kentucky state average of 22%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
Owen County School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Owenton Maurice Bowling Middle School2380 Hwy 22 E
Owenton, KY 40359
Grades: 5-8 | 558 students
- Owenton Owen County Elementary/primary School1960 Hwy 22 E
Owenton, KY 40359
Grades: PK-4 | 836 students
- Owenton Owen County High School2340 Hwy 22 E
Owenton, KY 40359
Grades: 9-12 | 587 students
|School District Name||Owen County School District|
|# of Schools||3|
|# of Students||1,981|
|# of Teachers||108|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18|
|# of Male Students||999|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||982|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||82|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||12|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,856|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||21|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||90|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||126|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||154|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||157|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||166|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||143|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||126|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||156|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||124|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||152|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||167|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||143|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Owen County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 173 school districts in Kentucky (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,339 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,365. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,253 is higher than the state average of $10,284. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KY)|
|Total Revenue||$20 MM||$24 MM|
|Spending||$27 MM||$24 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,339||$10,365|
|Spending / Student||$14,253||$10,284|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.