Leona Jackson Middle School
Top Placements (California)
Leona Jackson Middle School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 10%)
- Leona Jackson Middle School's student population of 805 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 37% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||805 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Leona Jackson Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 30:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Leona Jackson Middle School is Paramount Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Paramount Unified School District's student population of 15,491 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,451 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,274 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
|School District Name||Paramount Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||15,491||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$150 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$163 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,451||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,274||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Paramount Wesley Gaines Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 412 students
7340 E. Jackson St.
Paramount, CA 90723
(562)602-8012 0.2 K-3 412
- Paramount Frank J. Zamboni Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 929 students
15733 S. Orange Ave.
Paramount, CA 90723
(562)602-8048 0.5 6-8 929
- Long Beach Hamilton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 911 students
1060 E. 70th St.
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562)602-0302 0.5 6-8 911
- Compton Dominguez High School Grades: 9-12 | 1896 students
15301 S. San Jose Ave.
Compton, CA 90221
(562)630-0142 0.8 9-12 1896
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.