Cameron Parish School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Cameron Parish School District serving 1,314 students in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Louisiana state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
Cameron Parish School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lake Charles Grand Lake High School1039 Hwy 384 Grand Lake
Lake Charles, LA 70607
Grades: PK-12 | 714 students
- Hackberry Hackberry High School1390 School Street
Hackberry, LA 70645
Grades: PK-12 | 215 students
- Cameron Johnson Bayou High School6304 Gulf Beach Highway
Cameron, LA 70631
Grades: PK-12 | 101 students
- Grand Chenier South Cameron High School753 Oak Grove Highway
Grand Chenier, LA 70643
Grades: PK-12 | 284 students
|School District Name||Cameron Parish School District|
|# of Schools||4|
|# of Students||1,314|
|# of Teachers||158|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8|
|# of Male Students||681|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||633|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||86|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||16|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,182|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||22|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||60|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||101|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||100|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||98|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||102|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Cameron Parish School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 108 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $36,902 is higher than the state average of $24,719. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $42,504 is higher than the state average of $22,732. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$47 MM||$27 MM|
|Spending||$54 MM||$25 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$36,902||$24,719|
|Spending / Student||$42,504||$22,732|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.