Crescent Leadership Academy School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Crescent Leadership Academy School District serving 104 students in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
Crescent Leadership Academy School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- New Orleans Crescent Leadership Academy 2701 Lawrence Street
New Orleans, LA 70126
Grades: 7-12 | 104 students
|School District Name||Crescent Leadership Academy School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||104|
|# of Teachers||13|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8|
|# of Male Students||66|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||38|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||102|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||n/a|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||4|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Crescent Leadership Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 121 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 21-39% has decreased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $31,404 is higher than the state average of $24,719. The school district revenue/student has grown by 55% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $25,010 is higher than the state average of $22,732. The school district spending/student has grown by 55% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$27 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$25 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$31,404||$24,719|
|Spending / Student||$25,010||$22,732|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.