Joseph A. Craig Charter School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Joseph A. Craig Charter School District, serving 300 students.
- Public school in Joseph A. Craig Charter School District have an average math proficiency score of 37% (versus the Louisiana public school average of 63%), and reading proficiency score of 52% (versus the 70% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana public school average of 55% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the Louisiana public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Joseph A. Craig Charter School District|
|School District Phone Number||(504)940-2243|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,390 Schools|
|# of Students||300 Students||715,114 Students|
|# of Teachers||16 Teachers||40,276 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
- Joseph A. Craig Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 167 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||50-54%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||4,792 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||11,353 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||12 Students||49,532 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||287 Students||311,575 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||n/a||319,574 Students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||549 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||17,739 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||39||27,491|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||39||53,085|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||28||54,599|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||29||53,486|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||27||55,409|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||39||55,850|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||23||55,472|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||26||53,705|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||28||52,938|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||22||52,225|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||56,540|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||51,656|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||47,514|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||45,144|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Joseph A. Craig Charter School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Joseph A. Craig Charter School 1423 St. Phillip Street
New Orleans, LA 70116
Grades: PK-8 | 300 students
Public schools have been the recent grounds of tuberculosis infections. Learn about the symptoms and how to protect your child from catching tuberculosis.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.