New Orleans Military/maritime Academy School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by New Orleans Military/maritime Academy School District serving 645 students in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 71% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is equal to the state average of 13:1.
New Orleans Military/maritime Academy School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- New Orleans New Orleans Military/maritime Academy 200 Opelousas Avenue Bldg H
New Orleans, LA 70114
Grades: 9-12 | 645 students
|School District Name||New Orleans Military/maritime Academy School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||645|
|# of Teachers||51|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13|
|# of Male Students||402|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||243|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||13|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||76|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||346|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||187|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||21|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||213|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||184|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||102|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- New Orleans Military/maritime Academy School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 108 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from PS% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $32,416 is higher than the state average of $24,719. The school district revenue/student has grown by 64% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $22,767 is higher than the state average of $22,732. The school district spending/student has grown by 64% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$27 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$25 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$32,416||$24,719|
|Spending / Student||$22,767||$22,732|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.