Orleans Parish School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Orleans Parish School District serving 645 students in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 90% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
Orleans Parish School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Orleans Parish School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||645|
|# of Teachers||55|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12|
|# of Male Students||324|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||321|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||28|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||540|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||63|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||12|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||36|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||47|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||122|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||95|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Orleans Parish School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 121 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2013-2014 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 54% has increased from 49% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $45,769 is higher than the state average of $24,719. The school district revenue/student has declined by 48% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $44,106 is higher than the state average of $22,732. The school district spending/student has declined by 48% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$298 MM||$27 MM|
|Spending||$287 MM||$25 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$45,769||$24,719|
|Spending / Student||$44,106||$22,732|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.