Southern University Lab School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Southern University Lab School District serving 369 students in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Southern University Lab School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Southern University Lab School129 Swan Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70813
Grades: PK-12 | 369 students
|School District Name||Southern University Lab School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||369 students|
|# of Teachers||30 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||223 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||146 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1 students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||367 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||n/a|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||18|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||9|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||45|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Southern University Lab School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 108 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 45-49% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,734 in this school district is less than the state average of $24,787. The school district revenue/student has grown by 38% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,878 is less than the state average of $22,795. The school district spending/student has grown by 38% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$27 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$25 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$6,734||$24,787|
|Spending / Student||$8,878||$22,795|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.