Walter L. Cohen College Prep School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Walter L. Cohen College Prep School District, serving 417 students.
- Public school in Walter L. Cohen College Prep School District have an average math proficiency score of 52% (versus the Louisiana public school average of 63%), and reading proficiency score of 37% (versus the 70% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 97% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana public school average of 55% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the Louisiana public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Walter L. Cohen College Prep School District|
|School District Phone Number||(504)335-0404|
|School District Grades Offered||07 - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,390 Schools|
|# of Students||417 Students||715,114 Students|
|# of Teachers||28 Teachers||40,276 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
- Walter L. Cohen College Prep School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 167 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 60-64% has decreased from 65-69% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||35-39%|
|Graduation Rate |
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||4,792 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||11,353 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||95 Students||49,532 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||308 Students||311,575 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||12 Students||319,574 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||549 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||17,739 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||27,491|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||53,085|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||54,599|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||53,486|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||55,409|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||55,850|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||55,472|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||53,705|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||52,938|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||52,225|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||87||56,540|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||119||51,656|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||111||47,514|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||100||45,144|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Walter L. Cohen College Prep School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Walter L. Cohen College Prep 3520 Dryades Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
Grades: 7-12 | 417 students
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.