Kittery School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Kittery School District serving 1,061 students in Kittery Point, Maine.
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is more than the Maine state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Kittery School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Kittery School District|
|# of Schools||3|
|# of Students||1,061|
|# of Teachers||94|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||520|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||541|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||28|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||56|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||25|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||911|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||35|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||90|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||61|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||73|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Kittery School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 160 school districts in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,206 in this school district is less than the state average of $16,433. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,850 is less than the state average of $16,255. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|Total Revenue||$17 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$16 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,206||$16,433|
|Spending / Student||$14,850||$16,255|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.