Martin Luther King Junior Elementary School
- The student population of 481 students has declined by 7% over five years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades KG-5|
|Total Students||481 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five years.
|This School||(CA) School Average|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 642,303 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $10,238. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $10,739. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||642,303||1,597|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$17 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$10,238|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$10,739|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school is Alliance Patti And Peter Neuwirth Leadership Academy (0.1 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Teach Academy Of Technologies (0.1 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Foshay Learning Center (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los AngelesAlliance Patti And Peter Neuwirth Leadership AcademyGrades: 9-12 | 655 students
4610 S. Main St.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Los AngelesTeach Academy Of TechnologiesGrades: 5-8 | 241 students
7511 Raymond Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
- Los AngelesFoshay Learning CenterGrades: KG-12 | 1934 students
3751 S. Harvard Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90018
- Los AngelesFrederick Douglass Academy Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 256 students
2400 S. W.ern Ave., Ste. 350
Los Angeles, CA 90056
- Los AngelesNew Heights CharterGrades: KG-8 | 435 students
2202 W. Mlk Jr Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90008
Nearby Homes for Sale
March 09, 2018
We examine the rise in atheist club in public schools across the country – and how the push for Christian clubs may have inadvertently spurred this growth.
March 05, 2018
Changes instigated by the Trump Administration have been met with a great deal of controversy but one of the biggest debates within the education sector is in regard to integration and charter schools. Keep reading to learn more about the charter school debate and what you should know as a parent.
March 05, 2018
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.