Allegany County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public high schools managed by Allegany County School District serving 2,559 students in Cumberland, Maryland.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Maryland state average of 61%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Allegany County School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Frostburg Mountain Ridge High School100 Dr. Nancy S. Grasmick
Frostburg, MD 21532
Grades: 9-12 | 825 students
|School District Name||Allegany County School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||8,605 students|
|# of Teachers||582 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||4,234 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||4,371 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||19 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||82 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||113 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||266 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||7,649 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||5 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||471 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||475|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||631|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||624|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||631|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||613|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||604|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||569|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||653|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||620|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||626|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||636|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||692|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||582|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||649|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Allegany County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 25 school districts in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 88% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,996 in this school district is less than the state average of $16,454. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,545 is less than the state average of $16,634. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MD)|
|Total Revenue||$143 MM||$295 MM|
|Spending||$139 MM||$298 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,996||$16,454|
|Spending / Student||$15,545||$16,634|
Learn about the pros and cons of separating 9th grade from high school.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.