Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School District
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public charter school in Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School District, serving 307 students. Public charter school in Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School District have an average math proficiency score of 67% (versus the Massachusetts public charter school average of 48%), and reading proficiency score of 62% (versus the 53% statewide average). This district's average charter testing ranking is 8/10, which is in the top 30% of public charter schools in Massachusetts.
- The top ranked public charter school in Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School District is Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School. Overall testing rank is based on a school's combined math and reading proficiency test score ranking.
- Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Massachusetts public charter school average of 71% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is more than the Massachusetts public charter school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School District|
|School District Website||http://www.barnstable.k12.ma.us|
|School District Phone Number||(508) 790-6485|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 03|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||80 Schools|
|# of Students||307 Students||45,246 Students|
|# of Teachers||24 Teachers||3,769 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
- Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 79 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#101 out of 403 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||118 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||10 Students||2,146 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||73 Students||14,880 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||53 Students||13,517 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||153 Students||13,056 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||31 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||15 Students||1,490 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||687|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||85||2,919|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||78||2,940|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||75||2,964|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||69||2,853|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||2,673|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||3,692|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||4,752|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||4,756|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||4,495|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||4,126|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||3,222|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||2,693|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||2,473|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,544 in this school district is less than the state median of $20,340. The school district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,730 is less than the state median of $18,839. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,544||$20,340|
|Revenue / Student||$11,730||$18,839|
Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School District Public Charter Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School 165 Bearses Way
Hyannis, MA 02601
Grades: K-3 | 307 students
Learn about why technical public high schools are earning attention for their unique career-training opportunities.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?