Kipp Academy Boston Charter () School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Kipp Academy Boston Charter () School District serving 428 students in Mattapan, Massachusetts.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Massachusetts state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
Kipp Academy Boston Charter () School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Mattapan Kipp Academy Boston Charter School 50 Poydras Street
Mattapan, MA 02126
Grades: K-8 | 428 students
|School District Name||Kipp Academy Boston Charter () School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||428|
|# of Teachers||38|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||235|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||193|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||136|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||284|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||71|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Kipp Academy Boston Charter () School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 397 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $56,458 is higher than the state average of $20,551. The school district revenue/student has grown by 95% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $56,861 is higher than the state average of $19,475. The school district spending/student has grown by 95% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$56,458||$20,551|
|Spending / Student||$56,861||$19,475|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.