Phoenix Academy Public Charter High Springfield (Dist School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Phoenix Academy Public Charter High Springfield (Dist School District serving 193 students in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Minority enrollment is 97% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Massachusetts state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 13:1.
Phoenix Academy Public Charter High Springfield (Dist School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Springfield Phoenix Academy Public Charter High School Springfield 65 Lincoln Street
Springfield, MA 01105
Grades: 9-12 | 193 students
|School District Name||Phoenix Academy Public Charter High Springfield (Dist School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||193 students|
|# of Teachers||12 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||98 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||95 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||134 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||41 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||6 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||9 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||134|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||12|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Phoenix Academy Public Charter High Springfield (Dist School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 397 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 10-14% has increased from 10% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥80%|
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.