Provincetown School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Provincetown School District serving 118 students in Provincetown, Massachusetts.
- Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Massachusetts state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
Provincetown School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Provincetown Provincetown Schools Elementary School12 Winslow Street
Provincetown, MA 02657
Grades: PK-8 | 118 students
|School District Name||Provincetown School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||118|
|# of Teachers||19|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6|
|# of Male Students||56|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||62|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||16|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||25|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||64|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||13|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||15|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||13|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Provincetown School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 397 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $68,570 is higher than the state average of $20,551. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $63,178 is higher than the state average of $19,475. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$68,570||$20,551|
|Spending / Student||$63,178||$19,475|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.