Somerset Berkley Regional School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Somerset Berkley Regional School District serving 957 students in Somerset, Massachusetts.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Massachusetts state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
Somerset Berkley Regional School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Somerset Somerset Berkley Regional High School625 County Street
Somerset, MA 02726
Grades: 9-12 | 957 students
|School District Name||Somerset Berkley Regional School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||957|
|# of Teachers||85|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||447|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||510|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||13|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||20|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||14|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||893|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||16|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||257|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||212|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||254|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||234|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Somerset Berkley Regional School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 397 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 96% has decreased from 97% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $40,678 is higher than the state average of $20,551. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $56,173 is higher than the state average of $19,475. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$38 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$52 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$40,678||$20,551|
|Spending / Student||$56,173||$19,475|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.