Mcdavid-jones Elementary School
Mcdavid-jones Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Mcdavid-jones Elementary School's student population of 865 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||865 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mcdavid-jones Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#537 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mobile County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Citronelle Lott Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 435 students
17740 Celeste Rd
Citronelle, AL 36522
(251)221-2240 1.7 6-8 435
- Citronelle Citronelle High School Grades: 9-12 | 797 students
8200 Lebaron Ave
Citronelle, AL 36522
(251)221-3444 4.0 9-12 797
- Mount Vernon Calcedeaver Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 261 students
20500 Patillo Road
Mount Vernon, AL 36560
(251)221-1092 8.8 PK-6 261
- Wilmer Wilmer Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 590 students
7456 Wilmer-georgetown Rd
Wilmer, AL 36587
(251)221-1780 14.7 PK-5 590
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.