- Metrocenter Academy's student population of 149 students has grown by 96% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Metrocenter Academy's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 5:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#447 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Glendale Union High School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale E-institute At Metro Grades: 9-12 | 94 students
9201 N. 29th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85308
(602)621-4398 0.4 9-12 94
- Phoenix Intelli-school - Metro Center Grades: 9-12 | 98 students
3327 W Peoria Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85021
(602)564-7300 0.5 9-12 98
- Phoenix Cortez High School Grades: 9-12 | 1197 students
8828 N. 31st Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85051
(623)915-8200 0.7 9-12 1197
- Phoenix Alta Vista Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 706 students
8710 N 31st Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051
(602)347-2000 0.8 K-6 706
- Phoenix Lakeview Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 535 students
3040 West Yucca Street
Phoenix, AZ 85029
(602)896-5800 0.9 K-6 535
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.