Arbor Academy School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public charter school managed by Arbor Academy School District serving 228 students in Battle Creek, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 63% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Michigan state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
Arbor Academy School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Battle Creek Arbor Academy 55 Arbor St
Battle Creek, MI 49015
Grades: K-8 | 228 students
|School District Name||Arbor Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||228 students|
|# of Teachers||16 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||111 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||117 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||41 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||77 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||84 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||24 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||43|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||24|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Arbor Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,567 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,544. The school district revenue/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,349 is less than the state average of $12,533. The school district spending/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,567||$12,544|
|Spending / Student||$8,349||$12,533|
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.