Muskegon Heights Public Academy System School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Muskegon Heights Public Academy System School District serving 315 students in Muskegon, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 98% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Michigan state average of 32%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Muskegon Heights Public Academy System School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Muskegon Muskegon Heights Academy 2441 Sanford St
Muskegon, MI 49444
Grades: 7-12 | 315 students
|School District Name||Muskegon Heights Public Academy System School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||315|
|# of Teachers||13|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24|
|# of Male Students||171|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||144|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||8|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||295|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||7|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||38|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Muskegon Heights Public Academy System School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 800 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2011-2012 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 60-64% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,218,000 is higher than the state average of $12,427. The school district revenue/student has grown by 19200% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,596,000 is higher than the state average of $12,416. The school district spending/student has grown by 19200% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$25 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,218,000||$12,427|
|Spending / Student||$12,596,000||$12,416|
Combat the growing prevalence of bullying in public schools by learning more about effective solutions.
Learn about the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, and if this program is appropriate for your child.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.