Paragon Charter Academy School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Paragon Charter Academy School District serving 676 students in Jackson, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Michigan state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Paragon Charter Academy School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Jackson Paragon Charter Academy 3750 Mccain Rd
Jackson, MI 49201
Grades: K-12 | 676 students
|School District Name||Paragon Charter Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||676 students|
|# of Teachers||34 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
|# of Male Students||314 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||362 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||30 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||50 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||185 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||342 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||67 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||99|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Paragon Charter Academy School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,115 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,544. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,112 is less than the state average of $12,533. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,115||$12,544|
|Spending / Student||$8,112||$12,533|
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.