Washtenaw ISD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Washtenaw ISD School District serving 802 students in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Michigan state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Washtenaw ISD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Ypsilanti Early College Alliance220 King Hall
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Grades: 9-12 | 434 students
- Ypsilanti Forest School 1076 Ecorse Rd
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Grades: K-12 | 25 students
- Ann Arbor High Point School 1735 South Wagner Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Grades: K-12 | 47 students
- Ann Arbor Washtenaw County Youth Center - Educational Programs 4125 Washtenaw Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Grades: 6-12 | 18 students
|School District Name||Washtenaw ISD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||802 students|
|# of Teachers||42 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
|# of Male Students||309 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||493 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||31 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||50 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||171 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||469 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||78 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||3|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||288|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||194|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||264|
|# of Ungraded Students:||9|
- Washtenaw ISD School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 20% has decreased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $146,278 is higher than the state average of $12,544. The school district revenue/student has grown by 85% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $149,260 is higher than the state average of $12,533. The school district spending/student has grown by 85% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$88 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$90 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$146,278||$12,544|
|Spending / Student||$149,260||$12,533|
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.