Micro-pine Level Elementary School
- Micro-pine Level Elementary School's student population of 613 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||613 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Micro-pine Level Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Micro-pine Level Elementary School is Johnston County s School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Johnston County s School District's student population of 34,857 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,681 is higher than the state average of $8,969. The district revenue/student has grown by 41% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,660 is higher than the state average of $8,766. The district spending/student has grown by 9% over four school years.
|School District Name||Johnston County s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||34,857||870|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$394 MM||$8 MM|
|District Spending||$326 MM||$8 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,681||$8,969|
|District Spending / Student||$9,660||$8,766|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Selma Selma Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 882 students
311 W Richardson St
Selma, NC 27576
(919)965-3361 2.7 PK-4 882
- Smithfield Neuse Charter School Grades: K-12 | 870 students
909 Booker Dairy Rd
Smithfield, NC 27577
(919)626-2300 2.9 K-12 870
- Selma Selma Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 573 students
1533 Hwy 301 N
Selma, NC 27576
(919)965-2555 3.0 5-8 573
- Micro Micro Elementary School Grades: 1-5
301 E Main St
Micro, NC 27555
(919)965-3323 4.2 1-5 n/a
Nearby Homes for Sale
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.