Miller-south Visual Performing Arts Middle School
Miller-south Visual Performing Arts Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Miller-south Visual Performing Arts Middle School's student population of 501 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||501 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Miller-south Visual Performing Arts Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,224 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Akron City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akron Crouse Community Learning Center Grades: K-6 | 383 students
1000 Diagonal Rd
Akron, OH 44320
(330)761-1625 0.5 K-6 383
- Akron Helen Arnold Community Learning Center Grades: K-6 | 276 students
450 Vernon Odom Boulevard
Akron, OH 44307
(330)761-1661 0.6 K-6 276
- Akron Mcebright Community Learning Center Grades: K-5 | 292 students
349 Cole Ave
Akron, OH 44301
(330)761-7940 1.0 K-5 292
- Akron Schumacher Community Learning Cent Grades: K-6 | 441 students
1020 Hartford Ave
Akron, OH 44320
(330)873-3386 1.1 K-6 441
Nearby Homes for Sale
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.