Morris Area School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Morris Area School District serving 1,028 students in Morris, Minnesota.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Minnesota state average of 32%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Morris Area School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||1,028|
|# of Teachers||72|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14|
|# of Male Students||522|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||506|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||12|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||13|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||97|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||11|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||869|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||26|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||7|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||77|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||80|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Morris Area School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 511 school districts in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,576 is higher than the state average of $11,015. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,886 is higher than the state average of $11,205. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MN)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$12 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,576||$11,015|
|Spending / Student||$11,886||$11,205|
It is never too early to start prepping for college by engaging in some extra-curricular activities that will help you to show a college admissions team who you are and what you believe in.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.