Morris Area School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Morris Area School District serving 1,028 students in Morris, Minnesota.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Minnesota state average of 32%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Morris Area School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||1,028|
|# of Teachers||72|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14|
|# of Male Students||522|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||506|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||12|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||13|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||97|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||11|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||869|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||26|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||7|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||77|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||80|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Morris Area School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 511 school districts in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,576 is higher than the state average of $11,015. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,886 is higher than the state average of $11,205. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MN)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$12 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,576||$11,015|
|Spending / Student||$11,886||$11,205|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.