Pine City Public School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public high schools managed by Pine City Public School District serving 55 students in Pine City, Minnesota.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Minnesota state average of 33%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Pine City Public School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||875 students|
|# of Teachers||65 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||471 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||404 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||18 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||9 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||816 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||21 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||15|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||83|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||114|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||125|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||127|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||25|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Pine City Public School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 511 school districts in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,576 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,402. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,968 is higher than the state average of $11,598. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MN)|
|Total Revenue||$18 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$20 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,576||$11,402|
|Spending / Student||$11,968||$11,598|
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.