SOUTHERN PLAINS EDUCATION COOP. School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by SOUTHERN PLAINS EDUCATION COOP. School District serving 22 students in Bricelyn, Minnesota.
- Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Minnesota state average of 33%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
SOUTHERN PLAINS EDUCATION COOP. School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bricelyn Minnesota Girls Academy 501 North Main Street
Bricelyn, MN 56014
Grades: 9-12 | n/a students
- Fairmont Southern Plains Education Coop. 714 Victoria Street
Fairmont, MN 56031
Grades: PK-K | 12 students
- Winnebago Winnebago 620 1st Ave Sw
Winnebago, MN 56098
Grades: 7-12 | 10 students
|School District Name||SOUTHERN PLAINS EDUCATION COOP. School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||22 students|
|# of Teachers||4 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
|# of Male Students||12 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||10 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||18 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||12|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||2|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- SOUTHERN PLAINS EDUCATION COOP. School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 511 school districts in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 40-59% has increased from 20-29% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $149,711 is higher than the state average of $11,402. The school district revenue/student has declined by 20% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $149,356 is higher than the state average of $11,598. The school district spending/student has declined by 19% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MN)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$149,711||$11,402|
|Spending / Student||$149,356||$11,598|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.